Thanks for your interest in box labels & barcoding! We wanted to make it easier to pull up invoices without having to type in invoice numbers and search for them when needed.
In this article
- How it works
- Devices to scan barcodes
- Recommended label details and printer
- Usage examples
- Mobile/tablet compatibility
- What browsers should be used to scan QR codes?
How it works
- When viewing an invoice, click on More Actions > Box Label
- This will be a label, with a QR code, to print and stick on boxes
- Each work order also has a QR code
- Click on the QR Code icon at the top to scan barcodes quickly
Devices to scan barcodes
There are two ways you can scan barcodes with Printavo:
- Any smartphone/tablet with a camera - Click on the QR Code icon at the top to scan barcodes quickly
- Teemi QR Scanner - This works great when scanning barcodes quickly. You will need to open your browser and click "Command/Apple + L" to focus your cursor in the URL bar.
Recommended label details and printer
- Default labels at 4" by 6"
- We suggest using Arkscan, Zebra, or DYMO 4XL
Great usage examples we're seeing already are:
- Scan the QR code to be able to change a status quickly
- Print off a shipping label
- Attach a picture of what the print looks like for re-orders
- Attach box label when checking in shirts
- Scanning in jobs on press to change a status and load mockups
- Scanning in jobs
- Pulling up production files for direct-to-garment printing
- Pulling up files for direct-to-screen printing
- Signing off when counting shirts out
- Android 8.0+ and iOS 11+
What browsers should be used to scan QR codes?
- If you are using a smartphone/tablet on iOS you will need to use Safari. If you are using an Android device then you will need to use Chrome.