In this section
- Accessing Customer Public Profile
- How can I change the customer on an invoice?
- Can you save a customer's credit card information?
- Can I merge customers/contacts?
- How do I delete a customer?
- How can I provide a receipt for a customer?
- Searching for partial customer names
- When I update a customer, the address doesn't carry over to its invoices?
Accessing Customer Public Profile
A customer's public profile is where they can see all of their quotes and invoices and where their order is in the workflow- all on their own time. If a customer is requesting a rundown of their orders, you can:
Go to 'Customers' > Find the customer you are searching for > Click their profile > Click Public Profile
Once on the Public Profile, you can share the URL with the customer.
How can I change the customer on an invoice?
You can easily change the customer for an invoice.
- View the invoice you'd like to change
- Click Edit on the top left
- Select a new customer in the dropdown from the top
How can I mass delete customers?
Deleting the customers you've uploaded is easy. To do this:
- Head to My Account
- Click Import/Export Data
- Click Import Customers
- Finally, click "Delete Customers" at the bottom of this page
Note that customers without orders will only be deleted.
At the moment, there is no way of saving a customer's credit card information.
Can I merge customers/contacts?
In order to merge customer accounts/profiles:
- View the customer who is to be merged
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click "Merge Customer"
- Enter customer's name to merge into
- Click Save
Once this action is complete, the customers will be merged together.
How do I delete a customer?
To delete a customer, please do the following:
- View the customer you would like to delete
- Scroll down towards the bottom of their profile
- Click Delete Customer in grey
How can I provide a receipt for a customer?
We suggest using the invoice with the paid amounts as a receipt for your customers. You may save the invoice as a PDF by going to My Account > Download PDF. You may also ask the customer to print out their public invoice.
Searching for partial customer names
Utilize an "*" when searching for someone's name with a partial phrase.
For example, searching for "Park*" Would return "Parker".
When I update a customer, the address doesn't carry over to its invoices?
When you update a customer, the address does not carry over to its invoices. The reason behind this is that customers may have different billing and shipping addresses on an order-by-order basis.
When creating a quote, the initial customer address information is copied to the quote and stored separately.
This means it must be edited independently of changes to the customer address in their profile.