In this section
- Changes from custom domain messaging
- Messages that come from your email address
- How to verify your email domain
- How do I change my subdomain?
Changes from custom domain messaging
Printavo is excited to launch Custom Domain Messaging for Premium Subscriptions.
When a Shop has its Custom Email Domain verified in Printavo any email sent from a User who has the Verified Custom Email Domain will have the email’s "From" be Steven Farag <firstname.lastname@example.org> instead of Printavo <email@example.com>.
Messages that come from your email address
Take a look at an example message with the "From" as the sender's email address.
- Messages on an order
- Status change notifications
- Payment requests
Email addresses that aren't using the same domain name as the company, will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
How to verify your email domain
1. Initial Verification
- Navigate to My Account > Messaging
- Scroll to Custom Domain Messaging
- Enter your email address with a custom domain that you want to use
- Click Begin Verification button
- An email will be sent titled "Verify your domain for Mandrill". Please forward it to email@example.com
2. Domain Verification
We will need to add two TXT records to your domain name. These are used to send emails on your behalf.
- We'll need to add "DKIM Records" to your domain name. Add a new record of type "TXT" with the "Host" and "Value" provided in your Custom Domain Messages settings.
- Time to add your "SPF Records" to your domain.
- First, search your DNS records if you have one that begins with v=spf1.
- If you do, simply add include:spf.mandrillapp.com right before ?all
- Example: v=spf1 mx include:somedomain.com include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
If you don't have any record yet with v=spf1, add a TXT record with the following:
- Host: @
- Value: v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
- Click Verify Domain Records
Note: If you are using Wix, you will be adding both the DKIM and SPF records underneath the "TXT (Text)" section. Here is a screenshot of what that section looks like in Wix: https://share.getcloudapp.com/8Luke8Xb
Note: If your DNS provider does not allow @ for the Host then try to leave it Blank/Empty
Note: It can take 24-48 hrs for domain changes to take effect.
How do I change my subdomain?
Printavo's subdomains (Custom URL Branding) allow you to change the subdomains of URLs such as https://shop-name.printavo.com/invoices/12345 Shareable URLs are used in Printavo here:
- Shareable customer public profile
- Shareable public invoice
- Shareable work orders
- Printavo Merch stores
To change a subdomain:
- Click My Account
- Under Shop Information, click on Custom URL Branding
- Hit Save