You can import customers from many sources into Printavo. You will create a CSV file and upload it to Printavo to have your customers available.
We also have a 1-click QuickBooks Online customer import to make things easier.
To import customers from QuickBooks Online
Use this method if you have your customers currently in your QuickBooks Online account. This way the invoices you create will correctly be linked to your existing customers in QuickBooks Online. Tax-exempt information will also import from QuickBooks Online to Printavo.
- Head to My Account > QuickBooks Online Export to connect your QuickBooks Online account to Printavo
- Head to My Account > Import/Export Customers > Import Customers
- Under QuickBooks Online Export, click Import
Do you import inactive customers?
Printavo will allow you to import your existing customers from QuickBooks Online to Printavo. We do not import inactive QuickBooks Online customers to Printavo during the process.
How are Main Contacts and Additional Contacts handled in Printavo?
We transfer Main Contacts and Additional Contracts just like it is in QuickBooks Online to Printavo. The same relationship is held in Printavo and will be the Customer on the main profile, and then additional contacts.
To import customers from other sources
- Export your current customer list into a spreadsheet.
- Download this template file and copy and paste the information from your current customer list into the template.
- Make sure NOT to touch the first row as those headers are needed.
- Save the file as a CSV.
- Upload the completed CSV file. To upload the file, head to My Account > Import/Export Data > Customers > Import
*Importing Customers Note
Importing customers will duplicate customers in your existing Printavo. It will not combine customers. Take this into account when importing customers from a list that is already in your Printavo.