You can import customers from many sources into Printavo. You will create a CSV file and upload to that Printavo to have your customers available.
We also have a 1-click QuickBooks Online customer import to make things easier.
To import customers from QuickBooks Online
Use this method if you have your customers currently in your QuickBooks Online account. This way the invoices you create will correctly be linked to your existing customers in QuickBooks Online. Tax-exempt information will also sync over from QuickBooks Online to Printavo.
- Head to My Account > QuickBooks Sync to connect your QuickBooks Online to Printavo
- Head to My Account > Import/Export Customers > Import Customers
- Under QuickBooks Sync, click Import
To import customers from QuickBooks Desktop
Use this tool below to import your existing customers via a CSV file. Follow these steps to import them correctly from QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Click Reports > Customers & Receivables > Customer Contact List. Example
- In that new window, click Export. This will open Microsoft Excel with your exported customer list. Example
- Download this example file and migrate your current customer list to mimic its format. Make sure the column headers stay the same.
- Hit Command+A to select all the cells in your CSV and go to Edit > Clear > Formats
- Inside your new formatted Microsoft Excel file, go to File > Save As...
- Change the format to "Comma Separated Values (.csv)". Example
- Save it and upload that new file below.
To import customers from other sources
- Download this template file and copy your current customer list into it. Make sure the column headers stay the same.
- Hit Command+A to select all the cells in your CSV and go to Edit > Clear > Formats before uploading.